Bibhuti Bhusan Pradhan
Senior Social Development Specialist
15+ years of experience and professional strength in the area of:
Project Planning/ Management/ Execution, Monitoring & Evaluation,
Community Intervention, Social Research & Policy Advocacy,
Gender Equity, Natural Resource Management, Tribal Development,
Sustainable Livelihoods, Rural Development,
- Ph.D. (Continuing), Anthropology, Sambalpur University
- M. Phil in Tribal Studies, Berhampur University, 2006.
- LLB, Sambalpur University, 2000
- M.Sc in Anthropology, Sambalpur University, 1994
- Diploma in Computer Applications
Short term courses:
- Training on “Gender Equity, Health and Human Rights” organized by National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi in October 2013.
- SAMMIE (Successful Assessment Methods and Measurement in Evaluation) from Ohio State University Extension Office of Program Development and Evaluation, OHIO, online in December 2010.
- Project Planning under Umbrella Program for Natural Resource Management, of NABARD at Patna in January 2010.
- Development Management Programme on “Methods & Techniques of Project Planning and Management”, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar in July 2009.
- Course on ‘Quantitative methods in Labour Research’ at V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida in January 2009.
- National Immersion Programme on Livelihoods in Andhra Pradesh organized by APMAS, Hyderabad in November 2007.
LANGUAGES KNOWN: Odia, English, Hindi.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and Skills to provide strategic policy and technical support for externally-funded programmes related to social development with a focus on gender equity
- Building network and partnership for targeted output
- Formulation and delivery of creative program and managing for results
- Demonstrable knowledge on qualitative research and documentation
- Ability to lead and manage team to achieve desired results.
1. “State Gender Coordinator” under the Directorate of Family Welfare, Odisha under UNFPA supported programme
(January 2013 till date)
· Programme Management: Providing strategic policy, technical and programmatic support and facilitate State level project “Strengthening Monitoring of PC & PNDT Act Implementation and Initiating Community Action for Addressing Gender Biased Sex Selection In Odisha” in collaboration with Health & Family Welfare Department, Women & Child Development Department and UNFPA. Managing the state project office in coordination with district units. Support to State Appropriate Authority and District Appropriate Authorities under Directorate of Family Welfare, Odisha for strengthening implementation of PCPNDT Act.
· Programme formulation and implementation: Formulation and delivery of the project under UNFPA- supported gender program in the state. Facilitate and contribute to preparation of Annual Work Plan, budget under the programme.
· Management of human and financial resources with particular attention to ensuring systems of accountability. Supervise program and support staff and consultants, providing them managerial direction, support and motivation. Provide need based support for programs related activities, participating in review meetings of the government and by undertaking field visits;
· IEC activities: Contribute in Knowledge Management for gender and development thematic areas as well as organise and facilitate capacity building processes for government, NGOs, institutions and individuals.
· Policy Advocacy: Based on National and State level policies and following evidence based practices, contribute to state level policies on Gender issues.
· Liaison & Coordination: Establish and maintain collaborative relationship with counterparts in Government like Department of Health & Family Welfare, Women & Child Development Department, UNFPA, CSOs, Media, academic institutions etc. on issues related to the mandate under the programme
i. Actively participated and contributed to create a critical mass of resource persons on gender issues at State level, a joint effort of UNFPA, Department of Health & Family Welfare and Women & Child Development Department, Government of Odisha.
ii. Development of gender sensitive resource and communication materials in Odia language for wider circulation among the community.
iii. Forged partnership among UNFPA, Departments of Health & Family Welfare, Women and Child Development, Panchayati Raj in the State to address gender discrimination and sex selection in the State.
iv. Led a qualitative study on “Knowledge, Attitude and Practices of Community on Gender Discrimination and Gender Biased Sex Selection”, which provided input for further programming.
v. State level advocacy for promoting girl child, securing women’s rights - contributed to formulation of “State Youth Policy – 2013” in association with Department of Sports and Youth Services, Government of Odisha and “State Policy for Girls and Women 2014” in association with the Women and Child Development Department, Government of Odisha.
vi. Networking with NGOs and Civil society organizations for promoting Rights Based approach for girl child and women.